This document describes the specifications, minimum hardware requirements and instructions for installing Airconsole Enterprise Server v2.x
Airconsole Enterprise Server Overview
Airconsole Enterprise Server (AES) is a cloud based remote access terminal server application that is designed to aggregate the serial out-of-band management of thousands of field equipment. AES supports both roaming and fixed Airconsole serial-over-IP adaptors as well as roaming users running the Get Console application on their iPad or iPhone. AES provide NOC operators with a single web dashboard to monitor and control
AES has many features
- View, group, manage and remotely configure multiple Airconsole adaptors
- Launch multiple and concurrent remote console connections via a fast and responsive web terminal
- Create, store and manage configuration files for remote devices
- Capture log files from remote devices, view, organise and download
- Build complex expect type scripts in an intuitive drag and connect style GUI and then run them on remote serial console ports
- Upgrade remote Airconsole firmware over the Air
- Aggregate log files from remote Airconsole and Get Console applications via device upload
At Launch AES is available exclusively on Amazon EC2, either in the users private cloud or hosted by Get Console in our Amazon environment.
We expect a standalone VMWare appliance version to be also available by August 2015.
AES is not available as a binary installer to be added to an existing OS.
To launch AES within your own Amazon cloud, install an AES instance from the Amazon Market Place. AES can run on the smallest t2.micro instances for upto 10 remote Airconsole devices. For AES installations supporting more than 10 remote devices or if multiple concurrent operators will access the AES web interface we recommend using a larger Amazon instance type, for example m3.small
Self-Hosted System Requirements
If you wish to host the AES server on your own VMWare infrastructure then it must meet the following requirements:
1) Hypervisor = VMWare ESXi 4.1 or greater, VMWare Fusion 6 or VMWare Workstation 11
2) Memory 4GB
3) Storage 20GB
4) Host must be 64 Bit
Obtaining VMWare images
Download the AES v2.2 for VMWare from here
The Zip file includes an OVF file, a VMDK disk image and .mf file. Unzip the file into a folder before starting the installation into your VMWare server
Self-Hosted Installation Process
Deploy the OVF file into your VMWare infrastructure and use the virtual Console to configure the VM's IP address, gateway and DNS server via the instructions found here
Updating your AES Server
The AES server can be updated to the latest version by downloading our update files also available here. Please read the included README file and take a backup or snapshot of your VM before performing the update. Multiple updates must be installed sequentially, for example if your AES server is 2.0 and the current latest is 2.2, then the 2.0->2.1 update must be applied before updating from 2.1 to 2.2.